Friday, October 17, 2008

Love v. Distance

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. But if you ask people, I am sure most will not get into a long distance relationship fearing the distance will ruin the chance of success.

Last night a dear friend told me about her love life. Basically, the guy she loves decided to be with another person because that person lives closer to him than her. He told her that if only she lived as close to him as the other person, he would have rather be with my friend. So, apparently people rather be with the wrong person in the right place, than with the right person in the wrong place.

Interesting.

I know nothing about love, but I'd rather be with the right person in the wrong place/time. In my experience & from my observation, I've seen relationships crumbled eventho both partners live in the same city and I've seen relationships went from strength to strength with miles apart between them.

Yes, the distance makes it more challenging and also costly, but as long as there's a good communication, trust, and of course willingness to make it works, I don't see why we have to be afraid of a long distance relationship.

As Khalil Gibran put it, “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” Just treat the distance as the true love test.

Good luck with the test!

2 comments:

PaQuita said...

miss you even more... day by day.. minute by minute.. second by second...

and yes, I'd rather be with the right person in the wrong place... as it has never been better... hahaha:D

Anonymous said...

suit..suit.. :)

miss you too..