Friday, February 20, 2009

Then i saw it...

Back in July we sold my father's car a week after his passing to some dealer in Jakarta. Dad was planning to sell it and get a new car, but he wanted to keep the customized license plate. But during the process he got a heart attack that killed him. So, we decided to just sell the car just as he planned.

Sometimes, during traffic jams, I wonder if I ever saw that car again...

On the third day in Lampung, we were hurrying for a meeting, when I was talking to my aunt in the back of the car about my father. Oblivious that we were taking the wrong road to the meeting. As I was talking, the car slowed down since a car in front of us wouldnt let us pass. I looked up, and saw that license plate. Dad's license plate.

I started to sob.

Our driver over took the car, and we stopped him. As it turns out, he just bought the car 2 days earlier in Tanjung Karang. He was kinda freaked out seeing me still crying.. maybe he thought he bought a stolen car or something and I want it back. So I explained to him, that I finally located my dad's car, and asked if we ever bought another car that he would let us get the license plate back. After hearing my story he agreed and gave me his number.

It is such a nice coincidence

No comments: