Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On Politician

I just finished reading Maya Angelou's Letter to my Daughter, a book with essays, poems of her life. Some part of if is a tad too preachy of my liking, but it's beautifully written.

She wrote on one of the chapter:

We must insist that the men and women who expect to lead us recognize the true desires of those who are being led. We do not choose to be herded into a building burning with hate nor into a system rife with intolerance.

Politician must be told if they continue to sink into the mud of obscenity, they will proceed alone.

If we tolerate vulgarity, our future will sway and fall under a burden of ignorance. It need not be so. We have the brains and the heart to face our futures bravely. Taking responsibility for the time we take up and the space we occupy. To respect our ancestors and out of concern for our descendants, we must show ourselves as courteous and courageous well-meaning Americans.
Now.

I think it's not only applicable for Americans but to all human being who cares about their country.

I've been thinking about who I am going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election. Judging from what I've been hearing on the debates etc, I am torn between two candidates. As no one really strikes me as the best, I have to resort to minimax strategy.

Here's hoping for a better Indonesia

No comments: