Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I hate Bandung

Well, OK, I hate Bandung's McDonald.

It started when we were watching the "panjat pinang" (Climbing Areca palm's trunk) near my place when I said McDonald sells Bubur Ayam (chicken porridge). I've been to several McDonald in Jakarta that sells bubur ayam, but I've never tried them tho. J wont believe it. So we made that bet.

Somehow we never managed to go near any McDonald in the big Durian. Then again I normally do not spend much time cruising the mall anyway.

When I told a couple of my colleagues about that bet, they told J it was true that McDonald IS selling bubur ayam. But J, skeptic as he is, still wont believe it unless he sees it.

So last Friday, when I was feeling a bit peckish we headed to a McDonald in Bandung. And there it was... on their menu: NO BUBUR AYAM in sight!!! J was smilling ear to ear when he saw it.

Oh well, a bet is a bet. Still need to pay the bloke tho:)

2 comments:

tere616.blogspot.com said...

Ah, you hate Bandung because there's no Bubur Ayam in McD Bandung and lose the bet, am I right ?

But I don't know that McDonald in Bandung didn't sell Bubur Ayam.

Maybe because it's not common in Bandung, McDonald have different menu in every country and maybe here too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah :)