Saturday, October 24, 2009

Next Year!

I used to hate when people asked me when my turn is at weddings. So when I have to accompany my mom to weddings, I avoid her friends as much I could by searching for food or other people who I know wont ask me that question.

To my relief, at the only wedding I couldnt get out of I wasnt asked that question. No. Not once.

Apparently people changed their tactic. After telling me to get some of the bathing water from Siraman ritual which I did to humor them, and steal the bride's flower which I didnt do, (both supposed to speed up my chance of getting married) now they just said to me, 'Next year!', or 'You are next'. And they still said the same thing a week after the wedding eventho I told them I am single. They said I have plenty of time, more than 400 days to go till the new year of 2011.

Grrrr

Sometimes I wonder why does people do that? Do they think it's helping by saying that? Seriously. Stop it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha. what's happening in 2011? an auspicious year for marriage or something?

triesti said...

I have no idea.. but some said about the end of the world in 2012. So, better hurry.whatever...