Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blast from the past

Folks at futureme.org have a neat idea: sending email to the future.
You can send your future-self, or anyone you want in the future for the next 35 years!
(Forbes also has more or less the same service, but you can’t sending it to a specific date)

Most of the emails I’ve read are birthday wishes, New Year wishes or full of encouragement. I found one email from a guy confessing his feeling to a classmate to be sent in 2007! Imagine by the time that girl receive the mail, there’s a chance that he would probably feels differently about her… but I guess at least he got it off his chest. More power to him. I don’t think I would have the guts to do it.

I wish there’s a way of emailing to the past me. Because I definitely would send my past-self emails full of dos and don’ts, advice who or what I should care and not care about. But then again, maybe sending email to my futureme would remind me where I’ve been… as my memory fails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!!

this is VERY INTERESTING post!!! seriously....

well... if you're sending yourself/someone an email for the future, you'll need to make sure that you/him/her keeps the same email address then... 'cuz i don't think there's such thing as forwarding email yet as of now :D

Anonymous said...

I think there's such service, email forwarding. otherwise, just send it to gmail, hotmail, org yahoo account... those are my best bet:)

have you send yourself an email, 'ka?