Friday, February 24, 2012

Back to the Beginning

It's been three years since I was here. Had enough traumatic experiences in this place, but also plenty of good memories. After all, this is the place my family called home for at least 3 decades. My grandfather helped spearheaded the education sector. His uncle was the first doctor, my father set up 10 public clinics all over the place. Heck, I was made in this place!

It's interesting talking to people I used to work with. Weird enough, it was the Balinese, not the locals who remembers me more. This is the place where connection is crucial in my line of work. The fact that I was the granddaughter of, the daughter of, still gives weight. Honestly, I am always weary to drop names when it comes to work, but I have to acknowledge that it is needed every now and then to get things done.

2 comments:

colson said...

Yours is really, really a family tree to be very proud of! :). And quite right to use the assets you've got.

One thing though.

You write "I was made in this place". I shouldn't be that sure. Parents tend to choose the weirdest places or this kind of occasions. My children may think in a similar way about their conception as you do. But actually all three of them had a cold start up in the North ( Scandinavia) :).

triesti said...

@colson, I wasnt born there.. but to my knowledge, my parents were in the province around my conception :)