Saturday, February 12, 2011

Are You an Under or an Over?

Before I moved to lowland, I never paid any attention on a trivial matter such as how you hang the toilet paper. Most of the time it doesnt bother me how it hangs, over the top or under the roll. But there were some occasions when I was in a hurry and someone hung it under and it irritated me because it slowed me down. That's when I realized that eventho it is such a trivial matter, I have my preference and it bothers me from time to time when things are not the way I like it to be.


I dont like having to touch the wall in order to get my toilet paper and I dont like that most of the time I get not the quantity of paper that I need. I dont care if it looks neater when it hangs under. Think about it, if it looks neater hanging under, why in all fancy hotels that I've been in 3 continents all their toilet papers are hang over the top?

4 comments:

Harry Nizam said...

Hi Triesti,
Am I an under or an over ?
Hmm ...I thought that you're talking about something else ... lol

triesti said...

@harry, It made you look, right. what were you thinking that has something to do with over and under? ;)

colson said...

This has been a major issue in my married life. Kind of competition: my wife belongs to the over people and the under tribe is mine. It's kind of a silent competition. Which always is a draw in the end.

I take it over is typically female. My calculated guess is mostly women do the ( toilet)paperwork in hotels...

triesti said...

@colson, wow. I heard some people change how the toilet paper hang in other people's house! According to Poretz and Sinrod study, more male prefer over.