Thursday, June 24, 2010

Holiday

The last time I was on a proper holiday was last year. I think I might've ruined someone's holiday at that time. Sorry for that. Anyway.. I have no idea when my next holiday might be. There's an option of going to Lampung next month for a couple of days, and every one I care about over there kept asking me when will I visit them again. Oh, the irony of the place. Not sure that I am ready to go back there. Long story. Perhaps I could just send them books for some of the libraries over there.


Then there's this wedding in Surabaya which I am attending for one night, but that's not a holiday. That's a social obligation.

Mom is not in the mood of staying in town during the end of Ramadan, so that's a possibility, but the tickets are expensive. Then, while looking for cheap tickets, I found out that Airasia has this dirt cheap flight to Myanmar from KL. So I thought, I could go and meditate there. As it turned out, to meditate in Myanmar you need a special visa which cost more than the flights, plus some letters from both meditation organizations in Indonesia and Myanmar! So, I struck that plan. Another cheap destination was Phnom Penh. I've always wanted to go to Angkor Wat, it's about 8 hours away by boat/bus from that city, then we could fly out from Siem Reap. Mom vetoed the trip, she still wants to go to Vietnam to buy some handicrafts plus visiting a family who invited us the other day. So I emailed them asking when would it be the right time to visit, still got no reply.

I realized something, making a holiday plan, and anticipating it, probably gives me more happiness than actually doing it. For the time being, I am taking comfort in daydreaming of far away places.

However, I just booked myself for a 10 days meditation at the end of the year. It's not a conventional holiday, but it is a form of getaway. Fingers crossed I could make it to that one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeh true, planning is the best... i am thinking about coming over nov / dec sometime... only vague ideas tho... wouldn't mind minimising my stay in the big durian tho.

and feel i should bring some sorta present for dita and rama, still feel bad that i gave 'em one last time : /

triesti said...

You and vague ideas... nothing new. In Dec you might need a better plan, people travels more around that time. I'll be in Gunung Geulis 22 dec-2jan.

Dita quits her job and back to basic as a dentist. So next month they are going to Japan for honeymoon/Dita's training. Just email them.