Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not My Week

We started this week with an early phone call. We lost another uncle, this time from my father's side. Then while visiting an uncle from my mom's side at the hospital, we found out that mom's headache caused by her blood pressure sky rocketing to 160/110. So, we only visited my newly widow aunt briefly to bring her some food for the prayer session that night.

The next day mom wasnt getting better, she was on a different brand of meds that made her heart palpitating. There were also some deadlines for my part.

By friday, I had to go to the hospital. Verdict: Ear Infection. I was put on antibiotic for 5 days. Great. Followed by visiting my family's graves to get some paperwork only to find there was some damage to dad's grave. Back to the hospital to get mom an oxygen tank as she has trouble breathing. When I got home, we thought the tank wasnt working. I had a splitting headache, so I waited to my brother to take that tank back. By 8 PM we were back at the oxygen depot, and was told that the tank works!! Grrr...

This morning I forgot my cellphones, so I had to cancel getting my present from my BFF. Just minutes ago I finally able to meet my deadline but I am not satisfied with my result. An email that I suppose to distribute to others tonight never arrive.

All things considered, I'd be glad if I could start next week without losing any other family member!

4 comments:

colson said...

Reading the devastating list of bad news, "Not my week" appears to be the understatement of the year.

I really feel sorry for both your mother and you.

triesti said...

We were back to the hospital tonight since mom has a headache still. mom's BP 135/60. While waiting, I had my BP checked: 95/60, no wonder I felt sleepy today :)
Tomorrow's plan: getting referral for mom to get her nerves/vascular check. Fingers crossed things get better.

Unknown said...

yeh i'll have my fingers crossed too...

triesti said...

thanks