Thursday, June 02, 2011

Australia vs. Indonesia

Australia:
When they found out about the treatment their cows received in Indonesia and Saudi Arabia, they banned export of live cows.

Indonesia:
When they found out their foreign workers in the Middle East (especially in Saudi Arabia), Malaysia and Singapore are being abused/raped, they still 'export' foreign workers to those countries.

Seems like Australian cows have a better protection than Indonesian foreign workers. And they said Bule has no moral. Sigh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A disturbing yet true comparison.

colson said...

I really hope my bule morals are above average :).

As for your comparison I think it is an inspiring and challenging one ( but like most comparisons slightly twisted :)).

Nevertheless, the millions going abroad to earn some money could indeed do with a lot more efforts to protect them and to prepare them on the part of their country/government/embassy.

I'm less sure about the Australian indignation about Indonesian slaughterhouses. Though I'm not a supporter of any old fashioned ritual slaughtering of animals ( should be banned if you ask me), by what I know from regular European slaughterhouses ( which I assume are quite similar to Australian ones) there also is abundant cruelty on those premises.

triesti said...

@harry, I'm getting better at making wacky comparison:)
@colson I take it as a compliment of my twisted comparison:)

I dont eat red meat not because I care of how they are treated. Maybe I should.

Islamic or Western way of slaughtering convince that their way is more humane. In both places you hear & see frightened animals.